In early Troy history, a jeweler by the name of George Harrison was the original owner of the land on which the Pilam Chapter house sits on now. He bought the property in 1877 and built the first portion of the current house at this time. He owned the land until his death at which time the property was bought by Emma Kate Geer in the early 1900s. In the 1920s, the house was expanded and remodeled to its present form. By 1935, the house had been sold again to Benjamin and Mollie Katz for $11,820. The Katz family would own the house for 35 years until it was given to their son Marvin who later transferred ownership to his wife Lois Katz. In 1969, the NYKT Chapter of Pi Lambda Phi Fraternity bought the house from Louis for $51,000.